About the Inventor
A native of Carlisle, Pennsylvania, Bill Culwell started building things at an early age. He was a masons apprentice and a carpenter's helper in high school and continued "making things work" in college, majoring in engineering at Delaware State College.
Physical setbacks from a serious car accident during his undergrad years forced Bill to enter the work force early. He spent 10 successful years in sales, management, and operations and later settled down to start a family, returning to his blue collar roots. His passion for product development was soon to be realized.
As a Master Plumber Bill witnessed first-hand the problems associated with water damage caused by toilet leaks. And, as a property owner and manager for many years, he saw no reason why a toilet flange hadn't been invented that would seal the floor properly. So, Bill created the first prototype of what would soon become known as the Culwell™ Flange.
Today, the Culwell™ Flange has quickly become the product of choice for specifying engineers because of its smart, quality design and its ability to save property owners and managers thousands of dollars in unnecessary repairs. His motto, fix it and forget it.
Throughout his career, Bill has earned the respect of industry peers at the national level for his quality specification writing for bath and plumbing products. He continues to hold a passion for high quality products designed to work properly and has more product ideas on the horizon.
- In addition to being the inventor of the Culwell™ Flange, Bill's other certifications and personal achievements Include:
- Licensed Master Plumber
- Certified Environmental Accessibility Consultant- CEAC
- Certified Aging in Place Specialist- CAPS
- Certified in Sprinkler Installation Technology
- Certified in Commercial Roofing and Underground Utility Installation
- State licensed Lead Abatement Supervisor
- State licensed Asbestos Supervisor
- Board member for the Self Determination Housing Project- SDHP